Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Art All Night 2012

     Music from Art All Night 2012




     Well for the sixth-year in a row Art All Night delivered to the City of Trenton and visitors from  afar a hell of a good time! 

     This new tradition is one that will live on forever I am sure. The Art was beautiful, the music was beautiful and most of all; the diverse group of people gathered for the event were beautiful.

     I was able to get some good footage of the music and sounds of the event in the above video but video of the tremendous amount of art inside and out would require a full length feature presentation,in other words; a movie. 

     I did see one photo that blew my mind taken by local Trenton photographer extraordinaire Craig Shofed, I had to snap a picture of his picture of seaweed because it was so amazing, it's below.

Trenton Photographer Craig Shofed's work on display at Art All Night 2012
This picture of seaweed (sorry I don't recall where Craig said this picture was taken at) is amazing. The photo isn't altered, that's the actual color of the seaweed. I eat seaweed all of the time for it's health benefits but I have never seen any like this before.

      I made small talk with South-Ward Councilman George Muschal and his wife as we enjoyed the fantastic weather outside. Inside, I saw Trenton resident and reporter L.A. Parker and his son sitting and chilling in the audience as a musician did her thing on stage.

     Food-wise I went with the catfish platter which was two huge pieces of catfish, collard greens and sweet potato fries. It was mouth wateringly delicious <<< yes I just made up my own word there.

     Oh yea, speaking of new Trenton Traditions and L.A. Parker, the 2nd Annual Trenton African American Pride Festival is approaching soon August 12th through August 18th. This year there will be week-long events at various locations that include film screenings and much more, ending the week with a Festival at Cadwalader Park.

      The flier for this event is below but for more info, look for a picture of the flier to your right of this blog page, click on the pic and it will take you to their website where you can get more detailed information. See you there!


The 2nd Annual Trenton African-American Pride Festival is coming soon!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment